You are not logged in! If you have not registered yet then click here to join the community!

TOLRA Community Forums

Go Back   TOLRA Community Forums > Web Development > HTML Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM

create a web site

hi everyone,
i'm new in web designing and i'm interested to create a website but i don't know about it. anybody help me how to create a website and how to increase rank of website.help me plz plz.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
i'm new in web designing and i'm interested to create a website but i don't know about it. anybody help me how to create a website and
There are sites offering free templates e.g. http://www.oswd.org/ you can take these templates, subject to restrictions, and use them to start building your website.

A site is just a collection of pages connected through links. So if you start with a template you now have a single page, you can see how it's put together and use it as the base for all the pages that will make up your site.

A single page will be made of a HTML file, normally .html, this file holds the page structure and the textual content. The HTML then references a .css file which holds the styling for the page elements. You have images referenced from both the CSS and the HTML.

For a website you normally have many HTML and image files, but only one .css file holding the site styles.

http://www.w3schools.com/ has various tutorials and information on HTML and CSS.

You can use almost any text editor to edit HTML but http://htmlkit.com/ is a free editor specifically for HTML.

Once you have all your pages built you need a domain name and some web hosting, that is an address and space on the internet to showcase your site.

An alternative to starting from nothing is to employ a web designer to build your initial site, then you can tweak it over time learning as you go. You can also have them build the site around a CMS, Content Management System, which can allow you to edit your content without having to know everything about site design and construction.
Quote:
how to increase rank of website.help me plz plz.
The short explanation is, start by building a site that conforms correctly to the HTML specification without errors, fill it with well written content which is optimised for your subject matter, then build relevant links to your site.

There's some more information in the SEO section

Last edited by Paul; 11-06-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 AM

Lightbulb

thanks for sharing. How to maintain a web site and some more about increase a rank for site. Best way for increase the rank of site. How to collect the profit of the web site. plz tell me about something.

thanx in advance.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideas View Post
How to maintain a web site
Once built a brochure site will stay as is indefinitely, so you just need to update it with changes such as new pricing, add new content and remove old out of data content.

Changes are made to the pages with an HTML editor, unless you are using a CMS, and the changed HTML files uploaded to your web space.
Quote:
some more about increase a rank for site. Best way for increase the rank of site.
Did you read the forum I gave you above and the sites it links out to?
Quote:
How to collect the profit of the web site. plz tell me about something.
If it's an informational site then you have the option of AdSense or equivalent, if it's a business site then it's there to advertise your product/service and inform customers, finally if it's a shop then you are selling products and ideally need a shopping cart with an online payment gateway.

All depends on what your site/business is about.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:57 AM

Thumbs up

thanks a lot. your seo link in not work

thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 AM

I've fixed the link to the SEO section, finger trouble
Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up

ok thanks very very much.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:10 PM

You can't learn all these things here.
you have to take training in some institute or by some professionals..
Old 22-06-2013, 12:13 PM

Some people like WordPress but we as professional designers/developers don't use WordPress to make websites.

For creating websites for our clients we use content management systems such as http://clearfusioncms.com/ Within these systems we build the site design, structure and the content, a CMS makes it very easy to update the content via a web browser. In the case of clearFusionCMS we also use the e-commerce module to create stores for clients.

If we need to create a blog then currently we use WordPress for that portion of the site.

No matter what software you use you need to always make sure that you keep the software up to date so that you have the latest security updates applied to the system.

If you have need for a website then you might be better off setting a budget and approaching designers/developers with your requirements, they would take all the complexities of building the site out of your hands. If you want to do it all yourself then have a look at the templates that are available on the net and use one of them as the starting place, you'd need to learn HTML and CSS to do much with them.
Old 29-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Depending on your skill there's different options.

Building on top of a CMS (Content Management System) such as http://clearfusioncms.com/ will make it easy to add and update content once the site is built.

It's possible to use templates from template monster with clearFusionCMS, you just need to insert where menus should go and where content should appear, it can be as simple as adding [[navigator &start=`0`]] and [[+content]] to the template.

Before you start you need to decide what they want from the site, it might be you only need to install and configure a forum rather than building a website, or it might be they want to sell online in which case you need to look at e-commerce solutions.